3d model viewer for Monogame [ver 0.6]

I’ve just tested the latest version and still the same kind of error:
mgcb finished with exit code = 1: Std output:
Build started 02/02/2017 09:17:45Failed to load assembly ‘H:/________MonoGame/Monogame Modelviewer7/MGSkinnedAnimationAux.dll’: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l’assembly ‘file:///H:________MonoGame\Monogame Modelviewer7\MGSkinnedAnimationAux.dll’ ou une de ses d‚pendances. L’op‚ration n’est pas prise en charge. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x80131515)Failed to load assembly ‘H:/________MonoGame/Monogame Modelviewer7/MGSkinnedAnimationPipeline.dll’: Impossible de charger le fichier ou l’assembly ‘file:///H:________MonoGame\Monogame Modelviewer7\MGSkinnedAnimationPipeline.dll’ ou une de ses d‚pendances. L’op‚ration n’est pas prise en charge. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x80131515)H:/________MonoGame/Monogame Modelviewer7/fish.fbxH:/________MonoGame/Monogame Modelviewer7/fish.fbx: error: Failed to create processor 'AnimationProcessor’Build 0 succeeded, 1 failed.Time elapsed 00:00:00.70.

er7/fish.fbx: error: Failed to create processor 'AnimationProcessor’Build 0 succeeded, 1 failed.Time elapsed 00:00:00.71.

From the root of C: too.
Is MGSkinnedAnimationAux.dll your custom processor ?

Ok then let me throw this idea out instead.

We should write a MonoGame modeling app.

That outputs its data to a existing format that is either open, non proprietary or simply a newer one, a heavily documented one, or pick one that seems to be the most stable.

I mean if you can load a fbx or any other format saving it again is trivial if you edit and then resave that data you essentially are modeling it. If you click a button to edit that data move it around visually ect… you have what all modeling apps are just like blender or any of the others. Basically a viewer is the first step to a modelling app anyways.

What better api to use to build a modeling app, then the same one that will use the models for games based on it.

If nothing else maybe its a idea for the future as a modeller attracts lots of people including artists. So this is also idea that benifits the status of monogame itself and would make it more visible.

Yes it is.
I know from others that it works for them and I don’t understand why it doesn’t for you. The path is right, right? The file is there? Could it be deleted by anti virus? Does the program run in admin mode?

Maybe it has to do with the dll itself, if you want I can send you the source code and you can see if it builds for you or what the exact error is

I’ll give it a try on my other computer when home.

I’ve tried:
Reboot my computer (as it often solves problems ^^)
root of C:
another drive.
adminitrator or not

Nothing makes it work :confused:
May it be related to the version of installed MG ? 3.6.0.1425 on this computer.

Last resort would be to build it.

App has no permission to load assemblies dynamically because you downloaded the file from the internet and somehow the OS blocked it.

http://www.chilkatforum.com/questions/8260/could-not-load-assembly-operation-not-supported-exception-from-hresult-0x80131515

1 Like

In that case, we can skip one step and write an XNB directly!

One thought about a file format is instead of saving the current state of the document, you deserialize the Command queue (do/undo).
Then when you load you serialize it and re-execute the commands.

Pros:
Can work with any type of editor. Stage editor, Modeling, music composition, etc.
You can deserialize to any format. XML, JSon, or your custom text/binary.
Undo for the entire lifespan of the document.
Merging editings from multiple users.
Integration with versioning systems.

Cons:
I don’t really know what to do with linked files. A filewatcher is needed to restore moved/renamed/changed files.
File might get big over time. It’s possible to compact the file at any point. The new changes can be reapplied to the original.

Thanks ! I forgot about that security :confused:

1 Like

thank you, that also helped another friend who couldnt start it today.

I updated the engine with some bugfixes and different AO modes, which improve performance a lot.
I also expanded support for more differnt .obj and .fbx files. They can now be loaded even without normals or texture coordinates.

2 Likes

if you want to get rid of this permently, under win7:
Which may or not be an issue if you have an antivirus, it needs a good one to avoid problem if disabling this feat:

gpedit.msc
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
Enable: Do not preserve zone information in file attachments

1 Like

This is only for users of the program though, right?

I don’t know simply unblocking the 2 files seems like the safer option (and easier)

I simply added it FYI :wink:

I have added better functionality

a “center model” button (equal to pressing spacebar)
shift-rmb to rotate the environment

Parallax Occlusion mapping and bump mapping support

1 Like

Will check it out later :slight_smile:
Did not read everything… I hope it will also load multi mesh models with textures sometime.
I like the simplistic design of the UI.

I’ve uploaded the source code to git. It’s not clean or anything, but it may or may not help some people with doing things

1 Like

i got this error when i compile

You got that error when you ran the program :wink: Looks like your installed MG version does not match with the MGCB @kosmonautgames embedded in the project. I think kosmonaut is using 3.5?

I compiled it without problem with the latest develop version. :wink:
Maybe a “rebuild” in VS and the PipelineTool is needed to force the copy of the files with newer ones.

im using 3.5…

3.6 something, I use a custom branch for other things and didn’t update for months now.

Recompile and rebuild from content should work though