3d model viewer for Monogame [ver 0.6]

thank you, that also helped another friend who couldnt start it today.

I updated the engine with some bugfixes and different AO modes, which improve performance a lot.
I also expanded support for more differnt .obj and .fbx files. They can now be loaded even without normals or texture coordinates.

2 Likes

if you want to get rid of this permently, under win7:
Which may or not be an issue if you have an antivirus, it needs a good one to avoid problem if disabling this feat:

gpedit.msc
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
Enable: Do not preserve zone information in file attachments

1 Like

This is only for users of the program though, right?

I don’t know simply unblocking the 2 files seems like the safer option (and easier)

I simply added it FYI :wink:

I have added better functionality

a “center model” button (equal to pressing spacebar)
shift-rmb to rotate the environment

Parallax Occlusion mapping and bump mapping support

1 Like

Will check it out later :slight_smile:
Did not read everything… I hope it will also load multi mesh models with textures sometime.
I like the simplistic design of the UI.

I’ve uploaded the source code to git. It’s not clean or anything, but it may or may not help some people with doing things

1 Like

i got this error when i compile

You got that error when you ran the program :wink: Looks like your installed MG version does not match with the MGCB @kosmonautgames embedded in the project. I think kosmonaut is using 3.5?

I compiled it without problem with the latest develop version. :wink:
Maybe a “rebuild” in VS and the PipelineTool is needed to force the copy of the files with newer ones.

im using 3.5…

3.6 something, I use a custom branch for other things and didn’t update for months now.

Recompile and rebuild from content should work though