"Adapter 'NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070' does not support the Reach profile" in current development build

I normally use the Monogame 3.6 version but now I upgraded to a nightly build version (current).

But now after upgrading my game does not work anymore because I get the following exception:

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.NoSuitableGraphicsDeviceException: ‘Adapter ‘NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070’ does not support the Reach profile.’

When I change the code to this, then I get the same message but now stating that HiDef would be not supported:

GraphicsDeviceManager = new GraphicsDeviceManager(Game);
   GraphicsDeviceManager.GraphicsProfile = GraphicsProfile.HiDef; 
   GraphicsDeviceManager.ApplyChanges();

I cannot imagine my graphics card is not supported anymore. Is this a known bug? Does there exist a workaround?

I restarted my PC and the problem is gone. Seems new monogame development build needs a PC restart after graphics card driver update.
Anyway, the original monogame 3.6 did never show this problem.

Probably the driver’s fault.

They’ve been botching drivers all year, a dice-roll on whether nVidia includes OpenCL binaries or not in a driver update (of course they nuke any existing ones during the update :frowning: ). About as bad as old ATI Catalyst woes.