I have just followed the instruction(s) on this thread to get the Mac version of monogame working. There is an issue that seems to be with the file paths which is stopping visual studio from running the application. It runs in the xamarin profiler and shows a blue background so I'm calling that a win!
For longevity I have condensed the steps here;
- Follow instructions on install page
- Install Dev version of MonoGame (not v_x.x)
- Open visual studio - you will not have the template!
- Visual Studio community -> extensions -> find the alpha repository -> click toggle box!
- Restart Visual studio
- Should be golden from there!
Hopefully someone will find that helpful!