FMOD FOR FOXES [Windows, Linux, Android]

WE’RE BACK BABY

Seemingly abandoned ChaiFoxes.FMODAudio gets a new life as FmodForFoxes!

What is FmodForFoxes? It’s a high-level cross-platform C# wrapper for FMOD and FMOD Studio audio engines. Unlike literally any other wrapper out there, it is hassle-free, has an extensive, fool-proof setup guide and supports Windows, Linux and Android!

Additionally FmodForFoxes:

• Supports NET6.
  • Supports Monogame 3.8.1.
  • Supports the latest FMOD/FMOD Studio 2.02.08.
  • Supports more foxes than ever.

GET IT GET IT GET IT: GitHub - Martenfur/FmodForFoxes: Cross-platform C# FMOD wrapper.

6 Likes

Whelp, this is certainly going to get investigated for my next project.

Excellent contribution, thanks :slight_smile:

Reading the api documentation says that comes in two flavours, FMOD studio API and FMOD studio low level API. What API is your wrapper for?

Thanks!

Just basic lowlevel API. But you could add DSP\Studio stuff yourself pretty easily. The hard part is loading the library and audio files, which is already done for you.

1 Like

FMOD Audio 2.0 is up! :0
Completely reworked the API and added FMOD Studio support.

1 Like

I tested the samples and I got it working somehow although with a lot of (surpressed) errors. Nice work!

Does it work with MonoGame version 3.8?

I am working on 3.8 support right now. It already works on Windows and Android in the feature branch,

1 Like

I don’t understand…
Why use this rather than the fmod c# wrapper ?

Maybe because it’s autogenerated from C++ code, terrible to use and you have to figure out the native library loading by yourself?

Ha so it’s a more convenient version, okay.
Just another question, since fmod supports MacOS and consoles, why does this library don’t ? Is it more complex than that ?
Thanks

I don’t care about Apple platforms, I do not support Apple and never will. You can do it on your own, and I’ll merge it, tho. As for the consoles, I don’t have the access to the devkits and console-compiled libraries since I’m not a console developer yet.

WE’RE BACK BABY

Seemingly abandoned ChaiFoxes.FMODAudio gets a new life as FmodForFoxes!

What is FmodForFoxes? It’s a high-level cross-platform C# wrapper for FMOD and FMOD Studio audio engines. Unlike literally any other wrapper out there, it is hassle-free, has an extensive, fool-proof setup guide and supports Windows, Linux and Android!

Additionally FmodForFoxes:

• Supports NET6.
  • Supports Monogame 3.8.1.
  • Supports the latest FMOD/FMOD Studio 2.02.08.
  • Supports more foxes than ever.

GET IT GET IT GET IT: GitHub - Martenfur/FmodForFoxes: Cross-platform C# FMOD wrapper.