Blank OpenGL Project - Heavy CPU Utilization

Problem:
Running an empty 3.6 openGL project uses significant CPU resources.
This accumulates overtime, taking a few seconds to reach 25-30% processor utilization on an i5 with a 1050ti.
Clicking on the game window’s titlebar, or moving the game window resets the processor utilization to near 0%.
Then the cpu utilization creeps back up to 25-30% in a few seconds.

The .gif above appears broken for me, but if you click on it - it will appear and show you what I'm referring to.
I'm not sure why this CPU utilization is happening, but it doesn't happen with directX or UWP projects, on my machine. The problem is localized to the OpenGL project.
Wild Speculation: Could this be related to an Nvidia driver or graphics card issue? I don't think its related to the new SDL2 backend, because I experienced similar timing issues with MG 3.5. My system specs are listed below, and I'm using the latest Nvidia driver. Is there additional software I need to install or update that might fix this?

I’m performing tests that time drawing a blank frame for various Monogame projects.
This issue is heavily skewing the OpenGL results, making it look really bad in comparison to DirectX and UWP.
I’d really like to be able to provide a more competitive result for OpenGL.

Thanks for your help.

is this with Vsync disabled?

EDIT: nvm