Build don't start on Windows 10

There was a lot of evidence for yourself that i totally didnā€™t know thatā€™s why answered what i said.
Making assumption of what other people know leads to misunderstanding :wink:

So :
I never use a VM in my life i know nothing about it.

About 4.5 .NET, my project is running with 4.5 why should i need to add 4.5+ versions ?

I donā€™t know how to do that for now.
I can see in the prerequisites that i can add in addition to .NET framework, somthing named : Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Runtime. Is it the thing your talking about ?

Probably, I cannot recall it right now but might look for it again in futureā€¦ not going to look through my 1471 page tome right now for it :stuck_out_tongue:

Note: Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 include the .NET Framework 4.5. Therefore, you donā€™t have to install this software on those operating systems.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Hunted through my book and found it for youā€¦

Specifically:

Prerequisites Dialog Box
This dialog box specifies which prerequisite components are installed, as well as how they are installed. For more information, see How to: Install Prerequisites with a ClickOnce Application and Prerequisites Dialog Box.

Hope that helps.

In fact i just noticed that the game launch but just for a few seconds in task manager. Then it stops

Did you profile your activity? memory usage? what are you doing on launch? are you loading in a lot of objects from disk? do they have enough RAM?

I donā€™t really profile activity, and i am pretty sure it is not a mistake from memory usage (one tester have 16Gb or memory and he canā€™t play the game and i ahve only 4 and i play it well)

I donā€™t think itā€™s a problem related to performance.

Well, i am forced to update to windows 10 to see errors while building, i donā€™t see another better solution. Damn i really donā€™t wanted to to that.

I hope the version is not going to work and will generate the expected problem to help me solving it.

I really cannot see any reason to not already be using Windows 10 aside from the minute list of concerns or issues reported by a handful of peopleā€¦ Come join the other 400,000,000+ of us happily using it already. :slight_smile:

http://news.microsoft.com/bythenumbers/

Anh ! Youā€™re a microsoft agent ! Damn i have to run away !!

1 Like

Hahahahahahaha :slight_smile: Too late, I own your Mouse Pad now! Muahahahahaha

1 Like

OMG, the build wasnā€™t working at first on my Windows 10.
then i built it in VS on my new W10 system and then the game works fine now on my new system without any problem.
I have changed absolutely nothing in the project.

BUT now i tried the exact same working build on another windows 10 system/computer : i see the game running in task manager, going up to almost 500 Mb use of memory then stop to run without any reason.

I am going insane ā€¦ HELP !

Do I have to repeat myself? :stuck_out_tongue:

How can i share the diagnostic here ?
Sorry but i canā€™t find how to share it like an image instead of this : http://repstyleart.com/visumeca/Pharmakon161128_TypeSummary.csv
Is it enough ?

What is that? 1MB csv? can you take a snapshot image of it?

I never did a diagnostic like i suppose you are expecting for, can you tell me what i have to do in VS to give you the best stats in order to help me please ?

Like what menu should i choose to show to you what you want ?

I donā€™t know what you are using but when I debug an app VS displays usage metricsā€¦ which VS are you using?

I am using VS2015 Community Edition

I am using VS 2015 Community too

I will leave this for someone else who can assist you betterā€¦

Ok my big bad on this one, it seems that i mistaken a bit OpenTK / OpenGL and OpenAL.
Also, the openal.dll i placed in my folder didnā€™t do their work properly.
So the only way to solve my issue was to use the oalinst (setup file) from https://www.openal.org/downloads/oalinst.zip
Sorry for all the work you did to help.
With all of this, i learnt useful things. Thanks again.

1 Like

Failure is the road to success :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

1 Like