Camera Motion Blur and Track Level Editor in Metric Racer

I posted a video a week ago showing the results of our track editor. After a lot of great feedback towards track variability, along with racer speed and acceleration, we’ve made a few changes and mods.

We slowed the racer down, but added a motion blur HLSL shader, along with tempering the acceleration to be more realistic. We’ve also added a number of different track sections variations, so that you can modify and change the track type for each straight, curve and bend. We’ve added some turn arrows and indicators as well. We’ll post a video of the track editor in action later this week.

We’d love some further feedback! I’ll be posting a Camera Motion Blur tutorial in the coming week.

And give us a like or follow on instagram or twitter to keep up with what we’re doing.

3 Likes

OMG - this looks extremely cool - love the air displacement effect - this looks really fun already - the speed is great! I can’t imagine how much air you’d get hitting a ramp at that speed (OoO).

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you like the speed, the air displacement is actually an artifact from the camera motion blur mixing with the edge detection, but it looks nice so we left it in :smiley:

Cool cel shading on the ship ^ _^y I can see the power of MG in your game!

1 Like

Thanks @DexterZ, glad you like it!

1 Like