Can't load TiledMap .tmx to MonoGame.Extended

I am trying to load a .tmx map created in Tiled.

The map is successfully built in the pipeline tool but when trying to load it to a TiledMap variable I only run into “Could not load Maps/NewMap01 asset as a not-content file”

I am running version 3.5.1.1679 of Monogames and 0.5.149 of MonoGame.Extended on Visual Studio 14.0.24720.00.

I have tried multiple settings in Tiled but it do not seem to make any difference.

Any advice?

This is error can mean a lot of different things. Try inspecting the inner exception for more info.

Also check to make sure you’ve got the path correct. In some cases it can be case sensitive.

Oh yeah, and if you’ve got 2 different bits of content with the same filename you can run into problems.
For example, if the map is called NewMap01.tmx and there’s also a texture called NewMap01.png they’ll both get compiled to a file called NewMap01.xnb and conflict.

I am running version 3.5.1.1679 of Monogames and 0.5.149 of MonoGame.Extended on Visual Studio 14.0.24720.00.

This combination of versions should work fine. Double check the path in the Content.mgcb file to make sure it’s also pointing at the correct version.

Hmm… the only other thing I can think of is to try the Tiled Maps Demo from the repository. If that works try loading your map from the demo and / or loading one of the demo maps from your project.

We’re just trying to eliminate the possibilities. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The inner exception did give some important information.
I had the tiles image in a different folder from the map file. I thought the problem was the map not loading but it was actually the tiles image not found.

Now it is working!