Custom Shader Effects NOT drawing the same in Monogame

Hi!

I’m working on a Windows Store Game and I have succesfully compiled a background displacement effect and placed it into my game, but I’m NOT getting the same result when drawing it in Monogame. The overlapping displacement texture is the only thing that is drawing to the screen and NOT the underlying background texture that it is supposed to displace the main texture coordinates.

refractionEffect.GraphicsDevice.Textures[1] = waterfallTexture; //NOT drawing transparently

spriteBatch.Draw(SpriteSortMode.Immediate, BlendState.AplhaBlend, null, null, null, refractionEffect, cam.GetViewTransformationMatrix());

spriteBatch.Draw(background, Vector2.zero, Color.White); //cannot see because of waterfall texture

If I’m correct , isn’t the waterfall texture supposed to be transparent and only used to displace the background texture?

I think I’m having the same issue, did you ever figure this out?

Mine: MGFX weirdness when adjusting texCoord

Hi Jamezila!

NO! I gave up! Sorry! I searched and searched for help, but I couldn’t find anything. I’m using another engine that supports effects, as well as cross-platform capabilities.