Error on Visual Studio Project after upgrading to 3.5

Hi,

I have been programming a game using C#, Visual Studio and the Monogame Framework. Today i reopened the program after a long time on a new computer and also upgraded the monogame framework.

However, when i try to compile, i get this error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled Message: An unhandled exception of type ‘System.IO.FileNotFoundException’ occurred in mscorlib.dll Additional information: Kan bestand of assembly System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I am absolutely new to anything *.dll-related, so i have no clue where to start searching.

Thanx a lot!

Are you trying to make a UWP app or desktop? give more details of what you are doing, the steps to get there and such…

Did you use NUGET, Installer, DEVBRANCH? [I know you wrote 3.5, likely 3.5.1 but still mentioning dev branch as a reference to GitHub]

What app type are you trying to create…

Plus any extra detail…

You wrote Compile, MonoGame from source or an app? do clarify :slight_smile:

Hi Vaseem,

Wow, that is a lot of info and questions :wink: Thanks a lot for helping!

Let me try to be as specific as possible (with my limited knowledge :slight_smile:)

Are you trying to make a UWP app or desktop? give more details of what you are doing, the steps to get there and such…

I think I am trying to create a desktop app. Basically, this (http://gamejolt.com/games/tycoon/55287) is the game I have been working on. Everything worked just fine on my old laptop, i last worked on the game somewhere in 2015. In the meantime, i have to replace my laptop and installed a newer version of Visual Studio and Monogame on my new PC. I am now using Visual Studio 2015 where i was earlier using 2010 (i believe). I think with Monogame i went from 3.0 to 3.5 (or 3.5.1 as you mentioned).

Did you use NUGET, Installer, DEVBRANCH? [I know you wrote 3.5, likely 3.5.1 but still mentioning dev branch as a reference to GitHub]

If you are referring to Monogame, I just downloaded the official public release from the website and installed that.

What app type are you trying to create…

I think desktop app is the right answer here?

Plus any extra detail…

I think the installing of newer versions might be what caused the issue, however i have no idea how to resolve it.

You wrote Compile, MonoGame from source or an app? do clarify :slight_smile:

Uhm… i just meant pressing the Start Button on my project in Visual Studio. So just that :slight_smile:

Sorry i can’t be more specific, any help would be very appreciated, i put a lot of work in the game so far and would love to be able to continue on it.

Thanks in advance!

Hopefully someone with a similar setup path experience can chime in here now…