Errors due to different versions of Monogame framework and pipeline tool...?

I’m using xamarin and monogame to develop a game. I develop on three different computers; one stationary PC, one laptop PC and one MacBook. I have my codebase under source control. In order to make sure I use the same version of Monogame I have copied one version of the framework (Monogame.Framework.dll) into my project and I’m referencing that instead of the ordinary link (also since the link/location is different on PC and Mac for instance). Now all of a sudden I’m getting strange errors on my stationary PC (but not on the laptop PC or MacBook):

• The conent builder seems to be using a newer version of the Monogame.Pipeline tool than the actual framework I’m using for the game. It builds a basic shader and when I run the game I get an error that the effect is for a newer version of Monogame than I’m running.
  • Also, the target directory for the built assets now seems to be a new folder (I assume that’s why the pipeline tool recognizes the need to build everything again…?)
  • I bypassed this issue by placing a copy of the already built (“old”) shader .xnb in my content and just “copying” that .xnb instead of actually building anything.
  • The after that I’m able to start the game but after my loading screen I get this: System.Transactions Critical: 0 : http://msdn.microsoft.com/TraceCodes/System/ActivityTracing/2004/07/Reliability/Exception/UnhandledUnhandled exceptionPuzzle_of_Lights.exeOpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException, OpenTK, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bad199fe84eb3df4Failed to make context 131072 current. Error: 6 at OpenTK.Platform.Windows.WinGLContext.MakeCurrent(IWindowInfo window)

Does anybody have any idea about what could be going on here? I suppose more details might be required to answer this but I’m not sure exactly what information to provide.