Failed to create importer 'TiledMapImporter'?

I’ve spent my weekends trying to get my Tiled map to build with MGCB after stupidly upgrading my project without backing up. I’m now running into the Failed to create importer ‘TiledMapImporter’ error, even though I’ve confirmed MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.dll exists where it should be and contains the TiledMapImporter class.

I’ve read EVERYTHING I’ve been able to find on this problem but ended up just confusing myself. Anyone have any idea how to resolve the following errors (the second a result of the first)? Getting desperate here.

Failed to load assembly ‘***/packages/MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.3.7.0/lib/netstandard2.0/MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.dll’: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

error: Failed to create importer ‘TiledMapImporter’

If all else fails there’s always just copying your files over to a new project. Fairly quick way to get rid of vague compiler problems.

Thanks @JamieRollo, that’s exactly what I did, but I still get that error =)

What I ended up doing to fix this was I added all the DLLs referenced by MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.dll to its folder, as defined in the Content.mgcb config file at the line below:

/reference:…\packages\MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.3.7.0\lib\netstandard2.0\MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.dll

As a permanent fix to get going with my project and not deal with these needless issues

1. I’ll remove ALL nuget references in my project
  2. I’ll add the actual referenced DLLs to a library folder in my project and will move references in my VS solution and Content.mgcb config file to these DLLs
  3. I’ll update the referenced DLLs when necessary

Hope that helps anyone else dealing with this.