This issue is probably local to me but I've been trying to fix it for weeks now and there are not many google results left to look through...
- Monogame 220.127.116.119
- On my laptop (Win10, i7 with integrated graphics) game runs fine in windowed and full screen.
- On my desktop (Win10, i7 with EVGA 1080 ti no OC) game runs fine in full screen, but breaks in windowed.
This error is thrown in windowed mode:
An unhandled exception of type 'SharpDX.SharpDXException' occurred in SharpDX.dll
Additional information: HRESULT: [0x887A0005], Module: [SharpDX.DXGI], ApiCode: [DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED/DeviceRemoved], Message: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.
Lets make this more confusing... 1 out of 10 times it won't throw the error and the game runs fine in windowed mode. I've also tried disabling the 1080ti on my desktop in device manager to run under integrated graphics.... then everything works fine both in windowed and full screen.
Any ideas on what could be causing this?
- I've changed every setting I could under Nvidia control panel on how the GPU should work with VS2015.
- I've run dxdiag and my DX12 is fine.
- I've purged my SharpDX.dll files from my monogame so they would be rebuilt.
I just saw this post http://community.monogame.net/t/getdata/10385/12. I also do a GetData. However, I tried that fix explained https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30325181/exception-in-sharpdx-dll/30325684#30325684 with no success.