Gamepad not working correctly in latest MonoGame

To start off: I don’t have an Xbox 360 gamepad. I have a Logitech Gamepad F310.

In former Monogame versions, everything seemed to work fine (except the trigger values, they seemed like they might be bugged, but I never did more than a minor test with them). I even have a finished game that I just tested to see if the gamepad was still working fine.

With the latest Monogame version, the D Pad doesn’t respond. (There is a button switch on the controller that lets you swap the D Pad and left thumbstick input; D Pad does send a signal because it is successfully detected as the left thumbstick when that switch is on).

All of the other buttons work (except the boolean for the trigger buttons isn’t working, but I have no way of knowing if they ever did for this gamepad). But for the thumbstick booleans (I didn’t test the float values), they’re inverted vertically. XThumbstickUp is detected when I’m pressing down, and vice versa.

Is it possible that we’ll see this fixed in the future? I should really upgrade to a Microsoft gamepad anyway, but for people who play Monogame stuff with these controllers, it’s gonna be really inconvenient.

1 Like

Sorry to necro an old thread. I just did a google search for “monogame logitech f310” and this popped right up on top.

Did you ever verify if this was fixed later on? I know my F310 has a “Mode” button. Either the analog stick or the D-Pad (but not both) work simultaneously, and the mode button seems to toggle between them. But that’s on Pyglet.

Sorry for not posting a follow-up. Though there’s nothing else to say – I bought a different gamepad and haven’t tested that one in forever.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can confirm that, at least, MonoGame 3.5.1.1679 correctly supports my Logitech F310 gamepad (at least the thumbsticks – I didn’t try buttons yet).

I verified this by making a SadConsole game, which is a direct consumer of MonoGame. I can move my little @ character around in a generated dungeon using the F310.