✔ ☕ General Conversation Thread

All I can say right now, is, this is surely one of the most historic moments to be alive in. The last when the Great Pyramid of Giza was completed…

They can say it’s Elon Musk, he is known for its excentricity etc…
Nonetheless, 18 satellites launches done over 18 planned last year, when the Esa did only 15 over 20 planified…
It still the most impressive thing of what Man can do today, I totally agree with you :wink:
I may add a model of the FalconHeavy in my space game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which game? or is it on the plan list?

I’v started it in parallel of my engine but I don’t communicate a lot about it, I prefer spending my time programming it :wink:

2 Likes

Would anybody be interested in a tutorial on setting up a MonoGame Dev Environment for VS 2017 and Windows 10?

> Stephen Hawking dies aged 76

https://twitter.com/i/moments/973767303408963584

:telescope:

Tis a sad day…

On a brighter note.
Well i finally got a new computer after my old one passed away.

I guess you didn’t get that GPU I sent then… Oh well, I tried :sweat_smile: what specs on the new system? Please say DX 12 FL: 12.1 at least and SM 5.1

EDIT

Oh, and welcome back!

What’s FL 12? Fuc.ing Latency? (20 chars)

Feature Levels

It’s quite interesting but also annoying hardware wise…

Ya i got a good deal on a Amd Ryzen 3 with a Radeon Vega on board card. I would imagine its got max dx12 caps as its new.

It’s nice to work on a old comp though, as i can immediately see stresses from stuff i code. But i guess its time to join the modern age lol.

1 Like

I do the same with my netbook, it is so slow it shows immediatly where the slowing down occurs.

1 Like

Anybody else, notice this?:

http://www.monogame.net/news/

So, I got 3D MonoGame running on my RPi3 that I got today… I think I need to put a fan in it lol

Windows 10 IoT, in case anybody was wondering…

Will make a video if people want it and when I get a fan for my Pi, I already have heat sinks, but that really is not enough… and no, it got hotter running the Linux OSs too…

EDIT

Ordered a twin fan heat sink :stuck_out_tongue: Exciting things ahead…

3 Likes

Posted a video to my Instagram [you don’t need to be a member to see things, currently viewable from https://www.instagram.com/p/BgtVOgQhSF0 ] will be removed later tonight, was getting severe tearing above 640x480, could be heating issue, so will try again tomorrow when the cooler arrives and test above 640x480, aiming for 1280x720-60p

EDIT

I got my active cooling fans, need to write a thermals monitoring app…

That should at least stop the tearing if it actually is syncing.
graphics.SynchronizeWithVerticalRetrace = true;

1 Like

Will check, the demo is not really optimised as such, but if that helps with the tearing at higher resolutions, ooooooh should be exciting to run a benchmark on it!

Ir helped for 640x480 but above that, it still tears… maybe I need to force 30fps refresh…

EDIT

Though it still jitters

Good lord endless computer troubles new comps faulty.

Did you guys see this.