✔ ☕ General Conversation Thread

Did you guys see this.

That’s from like two years ago

Oh its new to me i just randomly saw it on you tube wonder whats going on with that now.

The headsets finally came out this past half year or so, but not the HoloLens which I think is a right shame… Microsoft are taking far too long to bring out decent devices to the market and getting defeated before they even release… I had to buy an iPhone and iPad recently as a result… really angry about that…

It’s been available for a while now. Just costs a whopping $ 3,000. They’ve been focused less on a hardware unit and more a platform of sorts, encouraging all of these Windows Mixed Reality headsets and the like that are much cheaper (pretty sure those are all tethered though and require a slave machine).

Don’t forget that their 3rd eye renders are all at full opacity, IIRC the thing can only do like 60 / 70 % opacity.

Dev Kits yes, I was referring to retail…

Grr… lost my admin tools again, due to a month of being absent?

Several topics are not correctly listed, and then noticed I couldn’t edit the category…

Oh well, try to help and unable to do so… ‘sigh’

Anyway, on a positive note, I should be back to studying again soon!

EDIT

Oh and almost forgot to mention, almost died last week in a RTC [Road Traffic Collision] where the driver was entirely at fault, YAY IDIOTS! so, body in pain but still alive :slight_smile:

Yikes… (20 chars)

1 Like

My first time seeing this thread. Can I get a tl;dr? I joke ofc! Just the highlights :wink:

1 Like

OMG. Hope all is well.

1 Like

Thanks Throbax, injuries have mostly stopped bleeding lol

The biggest pain was that it has delayed my studying :frowning:

Phew. Good to hear that you’re alright.

1 Like

Anybody wondering if the XNA books are still worth investing into? I bought pretty much all of them… hoping to get around to it soon… and may start building a tutorial of sorts, soon…ish… any interest?

How is everyone? any notable projects atm?

In case you missed it:

Any good tips for a Monogame beginner?

Good communities? Good tutorials? Good libraries? Good tools? Discord? Gitter?

Things to look out for?

Take a look here:

Regarding the other stuff, links are on the home page of the website…

There are two main threads and Extended has it’s own filter on the forum…

Yeah I linked the thread which links the last post, have to click the top post for it to link the top, can get confusing sometimes haha…

I suggest getting familiar with the basics before delving into the extensions and third party ‘add-ins’ if we can give them such a title…

You can code whatever you are capable of and create your own add-ins or extensions or engines, there are many useful resources out there [mainly books] that can help you have an idea of what is involved in making a game engine and the like…

Only you are the limit to what you can create…

Also in case I missed it, Welcome to the forums!

Halfway reading your last post I felt like you were writing a book or article or something, but figured you were just getting started with coding, right?

Thank you for the information! Hm, looks like I accidentally deleted my post while fiddling around with editing it on my phone… :dizzy_face:

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I am new here. I’m fairly experienced in programming, but not game programming (I’ve made small games with Flash and Phaser). Right now I’m just trying out different frameworks/engines to see what I like but do not know what I’m doing yet.

1 Like

Always good to have new members here, hopefully have the time to develop more myself soon…