General Showcase Thread

Cool! The MG community needs more 3D IMO :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve written down a lot of stuff about recent work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

an overview of the current state of the deferred engine, which you can download (source) from github

5 Likes

What are the tiles, that are visible for a moment at 0:02? Does rotation work with the gizmo? I have it implemented, but I must have a bug somewhere, because when rotating suddenly the object that is modified by the gizmo gets also scaled and deformed… May be an rounding issue :worried:

Are you talking about my deferred engine?

what tiles? You mean the selection overlay?

http://community.monogame.net/uploads/default/original/2X/0/032bd42fc93f73a38f7ed9c06f9f3d7a6d3f5c09.gif

Ah now I see, yes I meant the selection overlay in the video…

No, I have the bug with the gizmo in my renderer and just wanted to know, if the rotation works with your gizmo in your engine. If so, I could look it up some time, although at the moment not so motivated to work on the renderer :blush:

I overlooked that this is the general showcase thread, thought it was the thread for your engine.

Ya’ll what’s crackin’ here peepz! ^ _ ^ y some early video feed of my current development running on both Desktop and Android ^_^y at least on 60 FPS :smile:

3 Likes

Another GeonBit example - particle systems (+ skybox & camera controller)

cool, is there a game already or do they fly randomly?

@GeonBit
cool stuff - is it using GPU particles?

Not yet. GPU-based particles are a little more limited (depends on how complicated I want the shader to be) so I’m making a CPU particle system and GPU-based particle system separately.

Found this tutorial which looks promising http://www.ramroumi.com/graphics/monogame/2016/04/11/fast-particles.html

Hi Sir Kosmo!

It’s a little bit playable the video feed is on attack mode, I can now tell the Squadron to MOVE back to base, ATTACK it will choose it’s own path to the nearest Enemy with simple Attack and Avoidance AI , PROTECT an entity and or to STOP.

With the current state of my game engine I can easily create a 3D Galaga style with dynamic pre defined Bezier curved path :smile:

I was having the hard time implementing the Trail, all trails now is render in one go and facing the camera, rather than rendering it one by one.

Since my target is Android Device I’m currently busy porting my existing Winform GUI style from HTML5/JavaScript/TypeScript to MonoGame ^_^y it’s touch compliance already.

I’m porting this to MonoGame:

I am working on a Color Correction Filter, which you guys should easily be able to integrate into your games :slight_smile:

EDIT: More info + download here:

3 Likes

I’m working hard on integrating Signed Distance Fields into the engine. First results with soft shadows

5 Likes

cool, does it still work like cubemap shadow with different filter or just different approach?

different approach altogether.

so, the final shadow ouput still store in cubemap form?

It would be definitively faster with computeshaders ! :slight_smile: but we have to deal with the things we have.

I was wondering if I would add SDF after reading unreal4 papers, but as my engine is space dedicated, it would not be very usefull I think, but you are working on a nice feature :wink:

Well, to revive this thread a bit.

I first wanted an experimet a little with Noise algorithms and their use in map generation, and of course, Monogame was quickest to do it.

It seems I went overboard with it.

Basically, map uses multiple OpenSimplex passes to generate terrain, forests, biomes and resources, and by multiplying the input with certain factors, I can control how the map is generated.

Now, the question is, how to progress from here…

5 Likes

This seems like the least obnoxious place to do so, so I’m promoting my game here. It’s not groundbreaking, but it showcases the basics that MonoGame can accomplish and what I think is most important - that MonoGame does save you from having to work with Android and iOS separately.

It’s a simple puzzle game, where the objective is to move over each tile in the level.

Download links:
Android – Google Play Store
iOS – Apple App Store

The community has generally been very helpful - thank you guys. I couldn’t have done it without your help. Still, there remain some issues (ie the S8 flickering as mentioned in this thread and as far as I can see no iPhoneX support). For everyone working on or adding to MonoGame, thanks for all you do - hope you’ll continue to push MonoGame to be better and better.

3 Likes

You can always post a standalone thread, this is just a cumulative thread, so people can just go down one thread and see random concepts…