General Showcase Thread

Bumping this ancient thread for newcomers to see.

Wow, I havenā€™t been here in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong timeā€¦

Long time no see people :smiley:
Life took a lot out of me; got Masterā€™s degree in Computing, ended up in hospital several times, and am still sick and have family issues going on.

However, that doesnā€™t mean I wasnā€™t active with the gamedev and my MonoGame studies, and Iā€™m working on my largest project so far, working name ā€œTank Arenaā€.
Itā€™s a 3D (ugh) tank shooter game, inspired by Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena and featuring several classic (and some not so classic) modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Double Domination, Bombing Run and Target Practice.

Right now, what Iā€™ve implemented is driving on the ground using terrain mesh as a navmesh data (so tank follows the ground), decoupled input system (currently only supporting K&M, can add gamepad and touch at the very least), game mode system using Strategy pattern, functional main menu (own creation), and will start working on multiplayer component using LiteNetLib.
Currently implemented game modes are Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Target Practice, but DM and TDM in Instant Action right donā€™t have AI. Also those 3 modes also have their HUDs implemented with the help of Kenneyā€™s assets.

Demonstration video is in my latest tweet (at the time of posting this): https://twitter.com/Taeradun/status/1211013867746332674

2 Likes

Bazookoids! A little demo of my basic physics engine with some icing on top. Bazookoids is a split-screen game concept inspired by robot wars, where two players are confined in an arena with the aim of toppling eachother. The last person standing wins.

This demonstrates a few new concepts on top of the bare-bones physics engine, including car-like driving physics as well as complicated collision shapes which are approximated by spheres.

2 Likes

I put together a mobile version of Bazookoids too. Itā€™s played with your device in portrait mode, and with players at opposite ends. Basic, but fun once you get used to the feel of the controls!

1 Like

I forked the gist and made minor changes so it works with the current prerelease nuget of SixLabors.ImageSharp nuget package which is available if the include prerelease checkbox inside Visual Studio 2019 is checked :wink:

You can find it here: