Getting fustrated: installing monogame extended causes project to stop working

There’s a few scant questions on this, but none of the 2 have proved helpful or understandable at my level.

Quite literally a blank monogame template project, with extended installed via NuGet as detailed by this
http://docs.monogameextended.net/Installation
results in:

The installing pipeline section was odd, as it needed a packages folder local to the project, but it didn’t exist so i took the global NuGet packages folder and copied the pipeline dll to the Content folder. Then the pipeline tool proceeded to crash twice, before i gave up and just added it manually:

#----------------------------- Global Properties ----------------------------#

/outputDir:bin/$(Platform)
/intermediateDir:obj/$(Platform)
/platform:DesktopGL
/config:
/profile:Reach
/compress:False

#-------------------------------- References --------------------------------#

/reference:MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.dll

#---------------------------------- Content ---------------------------------#

My previous solution was rendered completely broken somehow as visual studio couldn’t find the xna framework namespaces completely after installing, encountering the same problems, downgrading then, uninstalling extended packages

Overall his has been quite a brain cell deleting experience haha,
Im frankly just trying to get some working version of Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline into my project without my monogame project just failing to run in the first place.
If there’s something stupid I’m missing or this is the completely wrong method to go about installing this particular module, any advice would be greatly appreciated :blush:

Problem resolved by going to the monogame installation itself
and stealing the pipeline dll in
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\Tools
and monogame framework assemblies (as VS kept switching to a different platform and bricking my project again) in
C:\Program Files (x86)\MonoGame\v3.0\Assemblies\DesktopGL
there and setting it manually as a custom assembly in VS

This took way too much effort 10/10 :v: