How can I use GamerServices?

I want to use GamerServices in a MonoGame Windows Phone 8 project, but I get this error message in the following line:
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamerServices
The type or namespace name ‘GamerServices’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Microsoft.Xna.Framework’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I use Visual Studio 2015 Community and I have installed MonoGame for Visual Studio.
How can I use GamerServices in my project?

MonoGameTeam/Community don’t really do anything for specific platforms, IE achievements, avatars, networking.

Microsoft crapped on indies in the past. Even today you’re probably going to have to jump through hoops to truly access Xbox Live, Xbox SmartGlass, etc.

You can try XNA 4.0 Refresh to target Windows Phone 7 - 8.1, but how much you can use may depend on Microsoft’s blessing. With any luck, what you’re wanting will be accessible by XNA alone.

But GamerServices worked with an older MonoGame version. Now(with MonoGame 3.6), I always get this error message. Why does it not work with MonoGame 3.6?

Just dropping this here if it helps at all

This is the one mentioned earlier by @IceIYIaN
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27598

It works now :relaxed: I added a reference to MonoGame.Framework.Net.dll(located in C:\Program Files\Monogame…).

1 Like