Hurricane Matthew

Hello All,

For those of you which I communicate with regularly, you may have noticed I disappeared a bit. During the first week of October, while I was on vacation, my city was one of many hit by Hurricane Matthew. Since I know we have people here who are outside of the U.S., this was a good portion of the southeast U.S.

My home was thankfully spared, barely, but many other in my cities and cities along the east coast of the U.S. were not so lucky. Thankfully the death toll in the U.S. was very low, but other countries like Haiti suffered over a thousand deaths. For those who survived, many homes are flooded or destroyed. The estimates of damage are in the millions even for my small town.

I decided to do the thing I know the best, and that is to huddle around the indie game community. I feel like I must help where I am with what I have. I decided to launch a game jam to raise awareness and funds for the American Red Cross. 100% of all money will go to the red cross.

If this is your kind of thing, check out http://stormjam.xyz and click the “Join the Jam” button on the main page. The jam is being hosted through itch.io, so that we don’t need to role our own site. The fundraiser is being hosted on Crowddrise, and you can click “Make a Donation” if you are interested in helping that way.

I hope I’m not breaking any rules, but I felt I should share this game jam in place that I’ve lurked for years, and have been part of since back in the early days. Again, if you’re interested, check out

http://stormjam.xyz

2 Likes

To see things in a positive way, humans tend to be more supportive to each others in times of crisis.
Hope you and your neighbours will recover quickly!

global warming won’t help the situation in the future :frowning:
(I think we are off topic)

I agree with you about the global warming aspect. Throughout life I’ve become one of those people who can’t just sit idle. I’m a huge fan of MonoGame too and I’d love to see some games in this jam made with it.

good luck with the jam!

1 Like