Hey guys. I had originally tried installing MonoGame on Linux Mint a month or two ago, but ran into numerous problems. The MonoDevelop repo was not up to date at all (ver 5 I think), and even if you install it, it would not run properly without messing with its permissions. The MonoGame pipeline tool would not load at all. Building MonoDevelop, no matter what version, seemed to end in failure. Assuming you did get some version of MonoDevelop running, the MonoGame project templates were not present. It was quite the crippling problem, and I gave up on trying to get MonoGame to work on Linux and resorted instead to the Godot engine which runs just fine on Linux.
Anyway, today I decided to attempt to get Arch working. I was successful in getting that with Gnome to work, and decided on a whim to try MonoGame again, curious if there would be any differences.
So under Arch, as of today (not sure if this is a recent change or just Arch specific), installing MonoDevelop via pacman gets you version 6 and it ran fine, at first. Installing MonoGame with that installed will give you a functional pipeline and the project templates in MonoDevelop; however, MonoDevelop would crash when creating any project. This problem was fixed by disabling the Git add-on in the add-ons manager, and I was able to load the MonoGame OpenGL project and modify its contents.
Hiting the run button in MonoDevelop gives you the default cornflower blue MonoGame window. It works!