Jetboard Joust - 'Defender' Inspired Retro SHMUP

No I’m using my own particle system but I should probably check that out as no doubt I will learn something! It’s the first time I’ve written one.

It was eye-opening for me, it’s different in some key aspects what I would have build before, especially since everything is done on GPU

Thanks - I will check it out…

Woohoo - major milestone alert!! I finally have a playable alpha version that I consider acceptable for public consumption! You can download it for MacOS and Windows here.

Still some bugs and game design issues to resolve but… it’s start! Things have slowed down somewhat as I have had to take on some contract work to top up the coffers and that’s occupying a lot of my time. Really good to get this out there though.

Any feedback is, of course, much appreciated. There’s a limit to how much one can improve things without it!

Also, latest devlog here.

2 Likes

Congratulations BitBull! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a promo vid I’ve just done for the alpha…

2 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to check your dev blog, so i’m wondering if you have a web or mobile version available nonetheless, it looks like a very entertaining game.

Just a quick note to say that after some significant downtime due to contract work (gotta try and fill those coffers) development on Jetboard Joust is up and running again…

DevLog #62: Pulling The Pin

1 Like

I love the colors theme inspired from the very first gameboy ! Reminds me moments from my childhood.

Thanks - yeah, I was going for somewhere between gameboy and zx spectrum!

Just a little update - been working on weapons the past couple of months and have now completed sixteen, from the conventional to the ridiculous! Read about 'em on the blog!

1 Like

OK, so it’s been a while. Sorry I’m so slack about posting here - much more regular updates on twitter or my devlog

Pleased to say that Jetboard Joust is now available to wishlist on Steam here

Also there’s a massively updated gameplay trailer here.

Aiming for a full release in Spring 2020. Watch this space and thanks for any support!

4 Likes

That cover art is looking sexy, stands out from the crap on Steam, good luck!

1 Like

Ahh! Awesome, have seen your twitter posts for a while, and loved every update I saw. It looks great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That looks like so much fun! :smiley:

1 Like

Work continues - beta is almost ready, but I’ve decided to add a few new enemies as I didn’t think there was enough variety in the earlier levels. Latest DevLog here

1 Like

Another devlog update here. Please wishlist Jetboard Joust on Steam here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I’m a bit late in telling you all as this past few weeks (and particularly the last weekend) have been pretty full-on but… Jetboard Joust has finally launched!!

Today’s the last day of the launch discount (sorry) but I’m sure that there’ll be many more if you miss it :grinning:

Get it here on Steam!

4 Likes

Just wanted to say that Jetboard Joust is current on sale at it’s biggest discount yet, get it here on Steam for just $1.99! I’ve also completed porting to Switch here, and Xbox and PS4 ports have just gone through QA release dat TBD.

5 Likes