Jetboard Joust - 'Defender' Inspired Retro SHMUP

It was eye-opening for me, itā€™s different in some key aspects what I would have build before, especially since everything is done on GPU

Thanks - I will check it outā€¦

Woohoo - major milestone alert!! I finally have a playable alpha version that I consider acceptable for public consumption! You can download it for MacOS and Windows here.

Still some bugs and game design issues to resolve butā€¦ itā€™s start! Things have slowed down somewhat as I have had to take on some contract work to top up the coffers and thatā€™s occupying a lot of my time. Really good to get this out there though.

Any feedback is, of course, much appreciated. Thereā€™s a limit to how much one can improve things without it!

Also, latest devlog here.

2 Likes

Congratulations BitBull! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hereā€™s a promo vid Iā€™ve just done for the alphaā€¦

2 Likes

I havenā€™t had a chance to check your dev blog, so iā€™m wondering if you have a web or mobile version available nonetheless, it looks like a very entertaining game.

Just a quick note to say that after some significant downtime due to contract work (gotta try and fill those coffers) development on Jetboard Joust is up and running againā€¦

DevLog #62: Pulling The Pin

1 Like

I love the colors theme inspired from the very first gameboy ! Reminds me moments from my childhood.

Thanks - yeah, I was going for somewhere between gameboy and zx spectrum!

Just a little update - been working on weapons the past couple of months and have now completed sixteen, from the conventional to the ridiculous! Read about 'em on the blog!

1 Like

OK, so itā€™s been a while. Sorry Iā€™m so slack about posting here - much more regular updates on twitter or my devlog

Pleased to say that Jetboard Joust is now available to wishlist on Steam here

Also thereā€™s a massively updated gameplay trailer here.

Aiming for a full release in Spring 2020. Watch this space and thanks for any support!

4 Likes

That cover art is looking sexy, stands out from the crap on Steam, good luck!

1 Like

Ahh! Awesome, have seen your twitter posts for a while, and loved every update I saw. It looks great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That looks like so much fun! :smiley:

1 Like

Work continues - beta is almost ready, but Iā€™ve decided to add a few new enemies as I didnā€™t think there was enough variety in the earlier levels. Latest DevLog here

1 Like

Another devlog update here. Please wishlist Jetboard Joust on Steam here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m a bit late in telling you all as this past few weeks (and particularly the last weekend) have been pretty full-on butā€¦ Jetboard Joust has finally launched!!

Todayā€™s the last day of the launch discount (sorry) but Iā€™m sure that thereā€™ll be many more if you miss it :grinning:

Get it here on Steam!

4 Likes

Just wanted to say that Jetboard Joust is current on sale at itā€™s biggest discount yet, get it here on Steam for just $1.99! Iā€™ve also completed porting to Switch here, and Xbox and PS4 ports have just gone through QA release dat TBD.

5 Likes

Congrats! Definitely gonna take a look at it on the weekend. Iā€™ve just came across this post and didnā€™t read it completely yet, so I donā€™t know if you already said about the publishing process. How was the approach with a publisher? Iā€™d really like to find a publishing company for QA and launch on console market. Truth be told, I have a long path before completing my game, but some hints would be great :slight_smile: