libopenal32.so: signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR)

My Google Play Console is showing me lots of these Crash reports:

signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR)
libopenal32.so

backtrace: native: pc 0000000000037748 /data/app/com.xxx/lib/arm/libopenal32.so native: pc 00000000000363e8 /data/app/com.xxx/lib/arm/libopenal32.so native: pc 0000000000025208 /data/app/com.xxx/lib/arm/libopenal32.so (alcDeviceResumeSOFT+136) native: pc 000000000000ba14

What should I do to prevent these exceptions?

Do you have any information on when these errors are triggered?

Sadly this is the only information that Google Play Console reveals … and there are many very similar incidents in the Crashes tab every day. It seems to be connected to a resume event (alcDeviceResumeSOFT) - waking up the phone from sleep mode?

As the problem is clearly in a library’s unmanaged code this is going to be tough to fix. My only hypothesis - still a total shot in the dark given the lack of evidence is that maybe part of that unmanaged code does not work on all architectures. My APK only contains armeabi-v7a architecture (and intel), maybe including also arm64-v8a might help, but I was hoping to find more people with this issue as it does not seem to be related to my actual code.

This is the code I have in my OnResume handler: The variables are of type SoundEffectInstance and Song. Can anyone see anything suspicious?

private void GameResumed()
        {
            if (AmbientSound == null || AmbientSound.IsDisposed)
            {
                AmbientSound = Content.Load<SoundEffect>("tavern-ambience-looping").CreateInstance();
                AmbientSound.IsLooped = true;
            }
            if (NaPankraciSong == null || NaPankraciSong.IsDisposed)
            {
                NaPankraciSong = Content.Load<Song>("na pankraci");
            }
            if (Settings == null)
            {
                LoadGameSettings(true);
            }
            SoundEffect.MasterVolume = Settings.SoundEnabled ? 1f : 0f;
            if (AmbientSound != null && !AmbientSound.IsDisposed)
            {
                AmbientSound.Volume = Settings.BgSoundEnabled ? 0.2f : 0f;
                AmbientSound.PlaySafely();
            }
            if (NaPankraciSong != null && !NaPankraciSong.IsDisposed)
            {
                Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaPlayer.Volume = Settings.BgSoundEnabled ? 0.1f : 0f;
                Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaPlayer.Play(NaPankraciSong);
                Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Media.MediaPlayer.IsRepeating = true;
            }
        }