Making some Game Dev Tutorials :)

Part 18 is up:

The one adds mouse hover detection as well as buttons.

3 Likes

Fantastic work! I was actually looking for an up-to-date tutorial for monogame (it’s been a few years since I used it for anything).

@BisectedBrioche

Thank you! I hope it helps!

Just out of curiosity what were you using Monogame for before?

Mostly just testing out ideas here and there (I went to uni to study games programming about a decade ago - which is where I learnt XNA - but I ended up dropping out). Now I want to try and actually build a serious project (or as serious as one person can manage, anyway).

1 Like

@BisectedBrioche

Thats the same way I got my start in this stuff :slight_smile:

I really hope these tutorials are of use to you, I am mostly still going through the basics and keeping it simple. But I am hoping to get a bit more into the weeds in not to long.

1 Like

Part 19 is up:

This one adds a basic main menu, and the ability to exit the game.

3 Likes

Part 20 is up:

This one adds sprite sheets and 2d animations.

The full solution is available in the description of the video…

2 Likes

Does anyone need a pathing tutorial? I am trying to prioritize, and feedback would be helpful on what is need :slight_smile:

that would be very nice :slight_smile:

Awesome! Then I will move that route.

Part 21 is up:

The one adds a Grid and starts to prep for A*.

3 Likes

Out of interest, are you planning on doing a non-video version of these tutorials at all? It would make it a lot easier to go back and look something up.

BisectedBrioche,

TBH I have not thought about it as yet…

My initial thoughts right now is that I dont have much time to do them (I am pretty time taxed as it is trying to get 2 out per week). But they are something I can think more about.

That being said at tutorial 10 and 20 the full solution is available which can make it much easier to catch up, or skip tutorials you dont want to watch.

1 Like

Part 22 is up:

This one covers fitting objects to the grid that we created in the previous tutorial.

A* next :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Part 23 is up:

This one implements basic A* and gets us going on the right Path :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really awesome man! I’ll subscribe your channel and watch them as soon as possible.

@Jack-Ji

Im really glad it is helping! more coming :slight_smile:

***I had to reupload this due to the low resolution that youtube posted it at ***

Part 24 is now up:

This one deals with threading and updating our paths.

2 Likes

Part 25 is up:

This one covers getting a first skill in and an Effects pipeline.

2 Likes

Part 26 is now up:

This episode deals with refactoring some of our base classes (projectiles, skills, and effects) to make them a bit more robust.

3 Likes