MonoGame 3.5 installation Xamarin

I am trying to port a Windows Phone project to iOS and ran into the “alcMacOSXMixerOutputRate” issue with MonoGame 3.4 which is the latest release. This is fixed in MonoGame 3.5, so I downloaded the Development build MonoGame for Mac (http://www.monogame.net/downloads/) and installed it. Then I created a brand new solution with project type “Universal MonoGame Mobile Application (Shared Project)”. I noticed the location of where this solution type is changed from version 3.4 and MonoGame has now its own section in this dialog. However the newly created solution still points to MonoGame 3.4 and even wants to download an update from NuGet.
I uninstalled the Xamarin Add-In and reinstalled MonoGame 3.5 multiple times but that does not fix it.

Can anyone point me into the right direction to make Xamarin use MonoGame 3.5 references?

Thanks

After searching I finally found the DLLs and was able to replace the references in the projects.
So issue is solved…

Alternatively, you could also install Xcode 6.4 from the Apple Developer Download Center. You can have multiple installs of Xcode, just rename one or keep it in ~/Applications instead of /Applications. Then point Xamarin to this version.

Once it’s installed, you can continue using MG 3.4.