MonoGame Feature Wishlist

Audio visualization

i have think monogame needs audio visualization features :stuck_out_tongue:
(or some access Song’s binary or stream binary)

and mp3 license is finished at 2017 april 16

(can i make a music visualization based rhythm game?)

Reduce the character limit for these forum posts to 10

2 Likes

Complete XAct support.

Hi
I have win 10 64 and VS 2017 Community
Pls coonect Monogame with this VS
Now its not work

Monogame works without issues with VS 2017 community edition.

Sure it works. You must have failed something in your installation.

You need the develop version of MonoGame to get the templates installed.

Hey Paul. iOS and WinPhone handle graphics differently. With the android OS as far as I know you cannot set the graphics device screen resolution. You get what ever the supported resolution is when you are full screen, nothing we can do about that. The best way to work around that is to use a 800x600 Render target to draw you game (if it MUST be 800x600) then draw the render target using scaling. I wrote an article about that on my blog [1].

Alternatively write your game in such a way that it will be screen resolution independent. But I guess given your comments you are porting an old WinPhone XNA game over and WinPhone used to do some hardware scaling if your resolution was not the native resolution if I remember rightly.

[1] Scaling using RenderTargets

that helped a bunch thanks

Support for ARKit would be awesome.

I’d like the ability to “force” a draw call after every update when IsFixedTimeStep = true. I have implemented a “hack” to make this happen and it fixes the hitching or frame skipping normally scene in 2d sidescrollers, but for some reason it seems to impact the keyboard input and causes it to be unresponsive or delayed, Interestingly, the gamepad input is unaffected. Anyway, the ability to turn this on would be great and I think a lot of people developing 2D games would appreciate it!

Classes for skinning animation in 3D models.

3 Likes

It would be nice, if possible, to be able to get the “true” line number of a warning/error in shaders.
Explanation: when using include(s) in an fx file, the line shown in the pipelinetool (and I suppose, by transitivity the line returned by mgfx) is offset by the number of lines in each of the inluded files.
If you have for example a warning for a truncation of a vector in your fx file at say, line 100, and an included file with 27 lines (these values are examples of course) then in fact the warning is at line 73, not 100 (which can be beyond the lines of the fx file)
Or is there an option to use with mgfx ? (–returntruelinenumber ?)

1 Like

Here is a minor one. In spritebatch draw, add dual layer sort options. FrontToBack + Texture and BackToFront + Texture. So if a group of images (A,B,A,B,A,B) drawn on 0.5f layer. It will group all of them on 0.5f then secondary by texture so it can batch it more efficiently so (A,A,A,B,B,B) on layer 0.5f.

I make my vote, on OpenGL ES 3 support. For example if I set the game to HiDef profile, MG should support all features backed up by OpenGL ES 3.

HoloLens/Windows Mixed Reality support.

But a better solution of OpenGL shaders could be maybe even better because the difference between DirectX and OGL is big.

You mean in terms of what’s supported in MG? Because that’s not true.
Though we do need a solution for HLSL → GLSL that works on all desktop platforms.

THIS, I was about to buy a headset and then realised, though I saw a project supporting it, somewhat [not seen actual imagery] and it was a hack job so not ideal at this stage… but having this going forward, would be a neat step when the second generation of headsets arrive

Biggest things I’d like:

• Swizzle functions on vectors.
    • Vector2.YX(), Vector2.XXX() -> Vector3, Vector2.XYYX() -> Vector4, etc
  • Broader math operator support across the Color/Vector families

I guess I could just make a PR for those though.