Monogame Project doesn't install

Hi guys,
it’s the first time I post in this community, so sorry if I wrong something.
I’ve made a stupid project to try monogame and now I want publish it to try to install it.
When I publish it and I install it, it says

Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance.

It says so also if I uncheck “Signing > Sign the ClickOnce manifest”.

I’ve tried also to unckeck “Security > Enable ClickOnce security settinigs”
In this case, it says:

Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor.

Can you help me please?
Thank you all!

What you basically need to start your game is inside your output folder (bin).

I recommend creating a release build and then start the .exe file located in your ‘bin/Release’ folder or similar to that.

If you still need a kind of installer for your project, you can build one by yourself using InnoSetup for example. But this is not necessary.

I’m developing a software that I should distribute, so I need a setup, I imagine.
Or how I could make download and install my game? Is professional make a distribution that is not an installer?
Thank you for your answer!

Well, it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

If you just want it to be downloadable and playable by others it should be enough to pack the files as a .zip or .rar for example.

If you want to distribute your game on a platform like Steam, then it should be also enough to upload your bare files, because Steam for example has its own installer and typically you won’t ship your game with your own installer. Further it would be possible to define your own install routine later.

I don’t exactly know how it is on mobile platforms like android, where you need an .apk file for distribution, but I think this file is automatically generated, when you build your project.

If you still need your own installer you can build one by yourself using the above mentioned setup tool. But there are also others.

Edit: If you want to distribute on Linux or Mac OSX then take a look at this https://github.com/OutOfOrder/MonoKickstart/tree/290303cd5bedfdc802582a7cb324de1f0619ab08. Then you don’t need a system installation of Mono on those platforms.