MonoGame Template VBNET for Windows desktop DirectX

Hi, I’m new of this awesome project!

I have convert C# template of Windows Project for DirectX to VBNET, you can download it from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3apwrqs76vauwz/MonoGameWindowsDirectX.zip?dl=0

put the zip on
C:\Users%username%\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Basic\MonoGame

and you can see on Visual Basic->MonoGame

regards

1 Like

Hi Predator,

thank you so much for this! I was developing a game under VB.Net and XNA and wanted to switch to MonoGame. Your work made it fairly easy - thank you once more!

Although I did run into one problem trying to start a brand new project created by your VB template. Right after starting there I got a ‘System.TypeLoadException in mscorlib.dll’. However all it took to resolve this was removing the MonoGame library reference and adding back the MonoGame library for windows. Hopefully this will help other people who decide to use your template.

1 Like

Thank you for feedback!
If you want to develop in VBNET (like me), I have found another good way.

1. I start with a C# project, then add a c# content project,
  2. now add a VBNET project with my template, and add the reference solution to the C# project.
  3. ok now in the C# Project change the start from new Game1()); to the VB project new GameVB1.Game1());… I link an example
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytznzvwxutg50nc/GameCS_VB.zip?dl=0

You can develop in VB project, use the content :slight_smile:
I love vbnet
Predator

I’d love to get started with this, but it doesn’t work with VB 2012, or VB 2015.
GameContentCS1 (Incompatible)
GameContentCS1Content (Incompatible)

Is there an updated template or a new way to get started with Mono using recent versions of VB?

Hey, is it possible to get another link for this to test out? The current Dropbox link has been shut down due to high traffic :confused:

I made a post about a 3.4 and 3.5 updated templates for VB.net directly translated from the original C# templates. Both of them come with template installers, look it up on the forums here.

Hi, and thanks for the reply. I came across the installer, but when it launches I cannot select which version of VS to install the template for, and clicking Install says installation was successful. However there is no template installed in VS 2013.

The .rar file with the binaries is corrupted.

I will probably just stick with SFML since the majority of my game engine is already working for it. The only reason to switch to MonoGame would be for Box2d or Farseer, but I have been unable to locate something that does not require XNA to be installed. Going to write my own physics engine…it seems I have to reinvent the wheel for everything :confused:

uhh well if its not detecting your VS installation then you are only missing folders, i have it check My Documents(where visual studio defaults its templates and stuff) and it looks for the path of -
Documents\Visual Studio 201X\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Basic

As long as you have at least those folders inside your documents itll install them… as well if you dont use your visual studio stuff in there, you can always temporarily create that directory chain to get it to extract the files, then move them to where your VS installation really keeps them…

For the Farseer (Dunno about Box) but you can get the source for it and retarget MonoGame, i think someone actually already reposted it targetting monogame already on here but i could be wrong…

If you are staying with SFML, theres always this as an extra framework to gain some new features…

Alternatively, the bottom of this forum has a guy mentioning SFML.net + Farseer… might have something useful if you just want farseer alone…
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=12768.0

The download link is invalid. Can you provide a new source for this template? If not, please remove this thread from the forum.

Yes today or tomorrow

I’m not eable to edit the first post… there is a problem with facebook login too, now I’m with Google :frowning:
the new link for download the template fot VB 2013 is http://www.mediafire.com/file/vdbbe6g5rvnyb50/VBNET_Dll_a_runtime.rar
bye