I read that before posting and assumed that the package you provided could be replaced by the newest version of monodevelop but I was wrong at that I see.
I followed your instructions, I installed mono and monodevelop, I opened monodevelop and compiled a project just to make sure all was in place. I then built your github package using your directions. I got an error stating that glib-sharp2 could not be found. I then installed glib-sharp2, which was available with my package manager. Now when I run your package, monodevelop-stable, I get no error like I did when I didn't have glib-sharp2, It shows me running the command, a second goes by, and then my terminal shows my user name like it is awaiting a command. So it crashes without any errors to the console.
So this is what I did to accidentally got a monogame project RUNNIN!
I installed the MonoDevelop6 source from here
I ran ./configure and it said I needed msmerge, which is available through the below command on openSUSE.
sudo zypper install intltool
Running configure again showed me that I needed to install gtk-sharp-2.0, which I had v3 not v2.
sudo zypper install gtk-sharp2
I then found that I needed glade-sharp-2 which my package manager did not have, BUT I went back and ran your monodevelop-stable package and it ran this time!
I removed my monodevelop source and opened your packaged version. All worked perfectly, though there is still problems building F# applications or applications that require an external console, but I'll take it!
Thanks again for your package and for being active on here. I tried to be thorough with my process to help others if they run into anything that I did.