My ENGINE and a new 2d game called Flipster

hello just wanted to show off my work with monogame

fist the 2d game wicth is soon on the android marketplace

and my engine in monogame running on apple device

hope someday the 3d version of flipster is done

tanks for saving us all when microsoft shoot us down with xna shoot down

you can allso have a look at zombies night out for windows phone 7 it allso runs on 10 download the game at windows marketplace

the game was done in 2011 with realtime shadows and light , 16 animated zombies and a lot of creatures chase you and easter egg game
IT IS THE FIRST GAME IN THE WORLD THAT STEMMED ADS IN A 3D WORLD ON THE BUILDINGS ON A ANY MOBILE PHONE

Michael Hansen

5 Likes

Cool, i have a question. how did you make bump map vertex deformation work in opengles?

i ges you meen the ocean in the second video it is just 2 triangles and realtime grayscale ocean map
and from that i calc the normal map in realtime then i displace the PIXEL MAP SIMLEAR TO THIS

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/4l23Rh
THIS WILL HELP YOU

michael

1 Like

i having the issue, when i try to use tex2DLod in shader. have u encounted any issue like when u target to IOS?

first texlod is load into slot number in the graphics card level of detail meens
dds TEXTUREMAP mid mapping i do not know if openglES can handle this that why i gave you the link so it works and it is an opengles shader download shadertoy app and see for your android,ipad,iphone it is webgl 2.0
there is nothing wrong with your code , but is is directx microsoft version of opengl
opengl is iso standdard not directx
iso standard says it works on all devices theat run opengles 2.0

texlod samples the vertex data from a texturemap so it has to be grayscale for height stored i alpha buffer and rgb is the normal map in the texture i hope you have done that

you sample .r buffers for the lod use the .a(depth)
when you have done that draw a quad to the screen with the shader and project it to the screen
with this code taken from the link

vec2 p = (2.0 * fragCoord.xy - iResolution.xy) / iResolution.y;
then you have the sample p=point on screen
it is simlier to this o.Position = mul(i.Position, WVP)
your code iResolution is your rendertarget output and a simple quad in screen space

have look at manny samples at shadertoy and write your shader in opengl

write again if you do understand i see if i can help you
Michael