my gpu/windows updates broke monogame? I dont even know where to begin...

im not really sure where to begin with this. i tried googling by copying and pasting and just by paraphrasing but nothing has come up. My only guess is that it has something to do with windows updates because i’ve never had a problem before and i updated just last night.

for reference im using monogame 3.6

I have that same GPU and I can run a develop build of MonoGame 3.7 fine. Did you update your video drivers?

Can you switch to HiDef instead of Reach in your GraphicsProfile?

i updated my video drivers just this morning, to no avail :confused:

ive also changed the graphics profile to Reach instead of HiDef and it doesn’t do anything either, just throws the same error but with HiDef where it said Reach

Do other games and programs run fine? Have you noticed anything else break since the updates?

Have you tried a previous GPU Driver? it’s safe to do so just try that, may just be a glitch in the updated driver, or perform a clean install…

not that i know of. I havent had a chance to test everything but monogame is the only thing ive noticed breaking so far

the problem started with the old drivers. Its the first time i updated my GPU drivers since i got my machine so its been a few months. Ive tried uninstalling and redownloading and installing the drivers again but it still does not work. I only updated the drivers after this happened in an attempt to fix it

What computer model and driver version do you have? I’m on an Alienware 15 R3 with the 391.35 WHQL driver directly from Nvidia’s site.

I have an Asus ROG Strix GL702VSK. i downloaded geforce experience so i could check my drivers easier and it showed as the driver from december (even though i thought i updated but oh well). I updated to 391.35 drivers though geforce and it didnt fix anything

So, no, to having tried a clean install then…

i am confused as to what you mean by a “clean install” if what i did is not what you are referring to. I uninstalled and reinstalled new drivers for the gpu. if you are referring to Monogame, i tried that just now and it did not fix the issue. if you are referring to fully deleting every video driver from my system then i will try that in the next day or two (im a bit on the busy side at the moment, hence the reason for three days of silence) Please clarify what you are referring to though

Pay closer attention to the installer… you can easily miss the ‘Clean Install’ option…

alright so i did a “clean install” of the video drivers from geforce experience and no dice. i tried uninstalling the updates from windows but every time i do it just says that “windows needs to restart to finish uninstalling” and when it restarts, it’s updated

Did you restart after doing a clean install or did you just stay with the flow? because it sounds like you did…