No system volume control?

In my game running on android, the volume buttons don’t have any function.

I would like to have the volume buttons on the phone work as normal. I guess, monogame consumes the keypresses.

Is there / What is the supposed way to let android handle the volume-buttons like regular apps?

Volume buttons work fine for me on monogame on android. Both on my 3 physical devices and virtual devices.

Technically they work, because I get a Keypress Event from them - but normally you got this android overlay and that is not appearing for me (I have to handle the volume internally by adjusting SoundEffect.MasterVolume on keypress).

I am in Full-Immersive-Mode, maybe that has something to do with it?

Digging into the Source code, I found the following in MonogameAndroidGameView.KeyDown

if (keyCode == Keycode.VolumeUp)
{
    AudioManager audioManager = (AudioManager)Context.GetSystemService(Context.AudioService);
    audioManager.AdjustStreamVolume(Stream.Music, Adjust.Raise, VolumeNotificationFlags.ShowUi);
    return true;
}

if (keyCode == Keycode.VolumeDown)
{
    AudioManager audioManager = (AudioManager)Context.GetSystemService(Context.AudioService);
    audioManager.AdjustStreamVolume(Stream.Music, Adjust.Lower, VolumeNotificationFlags.ShowUi);
    return true;
}

So monogame is actually handling the volume buttons and orders to display the android volume control in MonoGameAndroidGameView - it just looks like the KeyUp/Down of is somehow not triggered in my case?

When I actually subscribe to the KeyPress-Event of the view and do the above code manually, everything works. But KeyboardState is also populated so (which happens also in MonogameAndroidGameView.KeyDown) - so this puzzles me.

Maybe it is important to mention, that I do not have a usual layout in place, and the gameview is a subview in my layout.

Maybe someone can give me a hint, if there is a more elegant solution than just duplicating the event-handling from the GameView?