Partial Engine

Hi guys IV been a long time user of mercury but since I’m now developing for switch I’m thinking of writing my own, due to some issues.

IV also noticed that people are having a lot of trouble getting mercury working with importing effects.

So if I do write my own engine are you guys interested in it?
The engine will not be anywhere as fast as mercury as I’m not that experience at such things. If u guys are interested I’ll probably post the code for you just let me know.

Thanks

Do you mean the Mercury Particle engine? What issues are you referring to? I’m sure they can be fixed. It’s not a good argument to write your own IMO, given the complexity :stuck_out_tongue:

I would argue it is rather an easy thing if you have the time for it…

But yeah, it helps if you mention what exactly it is that you are referring to and then with an obscure title as that… just blocking any interest for others to assist…

Yes I’m referring to mercury partial engine.

Because I’m developing on the Nintendo switch there are complications that I have encounted. IV also noted that people are having problems importing effects through the contents pipeline.

I also don’t like having multiple black boxes (stuff I don’t understand) in my game.

So I’m thinking of writing a simple partial effect library. Almost plug and play.