I am running MonoGame 3.6 on Mac OS 10.13.4. I can successfully add images through the Pipeline GUI and the app builds fine. However, after I add a spritefont through the GUI, I get the following error at build:
Error: Processor 'FontDescriptionProcessor' had unexpected failure!
I am starting with something simple, so I added
ArialRegular.spritefont file to
Content/Fonts through the Pipeline GUI, then opened the file to edit the FontName attribute. I changed the attribute to
Arial-Regular.ttf. I included the ttf file in the same
Font folder as the spritefont file. When I try to build, I get this error.
Things I have tried:
* Changed the TextureFormat from
* Imported the spritefont and ttf files into the project
* When importing alone failed, changed the Build Action to BundleResource (also tried Content)
* Tried to download the latest Pipeline development build from MonoGame.net, but for some reason the links fail for me.
* Thought to move the XNB file to the build folder, but then found that an XNB file is not being generated.
* Could I move the project over to VS 2017 on my PC and perform these XNB operations, then bring the project back to Mac to continue development? I don't like jumping through those hoops, but if it is a viable workaround I'll take it for now.
* Am I just missing the obvious? I've read through the documentation, but maybe there's some other steps involved for Mac?
* Is there a manual way to add content to the project without using the Pipeline?
Thanks for any input!