I'm currently working on an integrated Sprites Editor for a game engine I'm building on top of MG. For general idea:
My current concern is to implement brushes for tools used to draw shapes (pixel, line, ellipse, roundrect..)
As I have little experience on this particular topic (brushes) I've decided to post a question regarding efficiency of my (naive) solution I am about to implement. So here comes nothing:
1) draw shape with 1px basic brush
2) get rectangular bounding box of that shape
3) set blendmode to replace instead of blend (to preserve selected opacity)
4) iterate each pixel of BBox in temporary preview layer, should the pixel be not transparent, store it in queue
5) while that queue.count > 0
5.1) apply brush to currently dequeued pixel
Another possible approach would be to give up rendering via primitives and implement proper algorithms for rendering shapes (bresenham for line/circle..), here I would obtain all pixels much faster, the difference would scale with size of the shape itself.
I am probably missing something, generally I'd like to at least partially support features of
Thanks for reading this post.