SharpDX/XAudio2 exception with PCM unsigned 8 bit Mono WAV sounds.

So I resurrected development on an Windows UAP game that I converted from XNA to Mono 3.5 some time ago. Before this latest stint I updated MG to 3.6 and the game started to crash on me when some sounds are played. See exception below, this did not happen with MG3.5.1

Comparing the working and non-working WAV files show that the working sounds are 16b signed mono while 8b unsigned mono sounds will crash the game. Is this change intentional? I cannot find any information about it anywhere.

SharpDX.SharpDXException was unhandled by user code
HResult=-2003435519
Message=HRESULT: [0x88960001], Module: [SharpDX.XAudio2], ApiCode: [XAUDIO2_E_INVALID_CALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown
Source=SharpDX
StackTrace:
at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
at SharpDX.XAudio2.SourceVoice.SubmitSourceBuffer(AudioBuffer bufferRef, IntPtr bufferWMARef)
at SharpDX.XAudio2.SourceVoice.SubmitSourceBuffer(AudioBuffer bufferRef, UInt32[] decodedXMWAPacketInfo)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.PlatformResume()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffectInstance.Resume()
at CavernsOfTitan.GameplayScreen.DrawLevelIntro(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Double elapsed)
at CavernsOfTitan.GameplayScreen.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at CavernsOfTitan.ScreenManager.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.<>c.<.cctor>b__119_0(IDrawable drawable, GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.SortingFilteringCollection1.ForEachFilteredItem[TUserData](Action2 action, TUserData userData)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at CavernsOfTitan.GameStateManagementGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.UAPGameWindow.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.UAPGamePlatform.<>c.b__12_0(Object o, Object a)
InnerException:

I’m currently finishing up support for unsigned 8-bit, signed 16-bit, signed 24-bit and 32-bit float PCM for DirectX and OpenAL. I’ve had unsigned 8-bit working on DirectX in my tests. This will be committed soon and in the 3.6.1 update.