Skinned Model

I have been trying to get a skinned model working with monogame.

I have downloaded the SkinningSample40 and compiled (that works for XNA, visual studio project). Follow the tutorial on how to convert. Try to bring the model into monogame with the MonoGame PipeLine Tool. FAILS. Does not like the version of FBX import.

I download the BetterSkinned example and compile (that works for XNA, visual studio project). Try to import the model into monogame with the MonoGame PipeLine Tool. FAILS. Does not like the version of FBX.

So I create a new model in Blender, add a texture, simple animation and some bones. Export FBX. Try to import as a FBX file into MonoGame. I get both the texture and the model check marks but it says 1 succeeded, 1 failed and no error message.

I do get an error message when trying to build the app though.

The command ““C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\Tools\MGCB.exe” /@:“C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\Game4\Game4\Content\Content.mgcb” /platform:Windows /outputDir:“C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\Game4\Game4\Content\bin\Windows” /intermediateDir:“C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\Game4\Game4\Content\obj\Windows” /quiet” exited with code 1.

Box.png

What do you have to do to get a model that works in MonoGame?

You can try these

Both mech and wolf animation works in GeonBit. GeonBit animated mesh code is based on: