SkinnedEffect Invalid Cast

Hello , I try to animated my model on my Game.

But when i compile the FBX model with SkinnedEffect, my game don’t found SkinnedEffect.

Only BasicEffect work so I cannot animate my model with bones from my other fbx because in Basic Effect i don’t have SetBoneTransforms method.

Any solution?

Thank in Advance.

This was fixed a while ago.

If it’s not a problem to you, try the latest Development Build from http://www.monogame.net/downloads/

Thank, I use the latest Development Build.

So i don’t think the problem come from that.

I set SkinnedEffect on MonoGame Pipeline and the problem still here.

I cannot use my animation with BasicEffect.

Hi All,
Can I have a question regarding this topic in general? I don’t know the solution for your question, but are actually these skinned effect animations working fine? I have FBX models with animations, converting them with skinned effect and loading them and playing them. Everything is based on the Microsoft original SkinnedModel example and all my animations are completely distorted. I have the same what you can see if you google some pictures about “XNA animation distort”, completely creepy moves. So is it worth to use animations with SkinnedEffect in monogame? Is it working fine for others?

How you can use SkinnedEffect, because SkinnedEffect don’t work with me.
I verify the model and everything is ok.
I maybe have forgot something, do you have an example ?

So, Zoltan_Ferenczfi I cannot help you with that because i need before SkinnedEffect work with me for verify that.

Thank in advance.

@HerraGame That shouldn’t happen. Can you verify that

A) you set SkinnedEffect as the Effect in the content.
B) build with latest develop MG.
C) the .xnb you import is the one you just build.

SkinnedEffect is selected and builded with success . I use the latest MG and the game don’t found any SkinnedEffect.

It’s maybe a problem from the model? I use Skin Animation with Skeleton on my model.

So if any solution exist, i need to use my other option who take more time to create an animation.

Thank anymore