[SOLVED] Content pipeline default processor parameters for textures

Is there a way to set default processor parameters for things in the content pipeline tool? Specifically, for textures. Anytime we update the level art for our game, I import a lot of files at once. Then, I have to go through the folder structure and select files and change the processor parameters. It’d save me a lot of time if I were able to set default processor parameters for these textures or some such.

If your textures are ‘standard’ ones like jpg, png, etc ut should be detected automatically and set to the appropriate default importer.
If you use a custom format, head over to a custom contentimporter :wink:

Note: i’ve never tried to import many textures along other types of assets, maybe the pipelinetool is failing with different types?

@Alkher:

I think he means the parameters (i.e. the format of the texture, the key color, the ‘force square’ flag, …)

@DJMAX: What I’ve done in the past is making a small tool tailored to your needs that creates a .mgcb file so that every time you change your assets, you automatically generate a new .mgcb file that is compiled with the project,and choose there the parameters you want. Then you just replace the .mgcb file and you’re done (you’ll probably have to keep 2 mgcb files, one for general assets and another one for level assets)

The .mgcb is a very easy file format (although unfortunately not XML)

This is doable in a custom Xprocessor.
I did it for my 3dmodels, to set to ‘true’ the param “generatetangentframe”.
You certainly can modify parameters in for a textureprocessor as well

1 Like

@Alkher
Googling around, I don’t see much about “Xprocessor”. Could you provide an example, please?

@KakCAT
Since I’d still need to use the content pipeline tool to build the .xnbs, this seems like it may save a bit of trouble, but might be more work than it’s worth. Certainly an idea though :slight_smile: Perhaps it’d be better to still import via the pipeline tool, then run a script that replaces the parameter in the .mgcb, before building.

Here are some tutorials: