(Solved) iOS mFI Controller Pause/Menu Button

Hi all, I’m having some trouble figuring out how to manage the ‘Menu’ button on mFI controllers for iOS.

I’ve figured out how to read the gamepad and poll all of the input (not unlike the standard XNA.Input stuff). However, the menu button is something else entirely.

GameController.GCController.Controllers [0].ExtendedGamepad.Controller.ControllerPausedHandler…

I know I’m supposed to do something with the ControllerPausedHandler, but what? Somehow I need to associate it with a method, but all of the samples I’ve found are written in objective C and I’m having trouble figuring out the logic and syntax for C#. Any help would be appreciated.

I don’t know if you can use github or you prefer to use a stable monogame version, but I think this is related to https://github.com/mono/MonoGame/pull/4240 for MonoGame support of TVOS, which also handles the iOS mFI back button ( Seach for “IPlatformBackButton” )

If you need to use a stable version you can just browse the commit code and extract the bits you need.

Thanks for the tip. Actually, after many hours and tests I found a pretty simple way to make it work. It was a matter of the proper syntax. If anyone is interested I’ll share the code.

Hey man, can you please share some light on how to get the pause button state? Thanks!!