Something wrong with MGCB pipeline tool and Monogame.Extend

I downloaded and installed MGCB 3.5.1.1679 tool and Monogame.Extend

But When I import atlas json file, I have following error.

1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Culling.json
1>C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Culling.json : error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Culling.png
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Demon.json
1>C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Demon.json : error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/DemonTexture.json
1>C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/DemonTexture.json : error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/DemonTexture.png
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Dragon.json
1>C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Dragon.json : error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Meshes.json
1>C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/Meshes.json : error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/SolveCulling.json
1>C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/SolveCulling.json : error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/texture.json
1>C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/texture.json : error : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
1> C:/Users/liul/Documents/Visual Studio 2015/Projects/Game1/Game1/Content/texture.png

Already have it referenced in pipeline tool.

Could you post the contents of one of the JSON files please.

Also, try naming your texture with a different name to the atlas. For example, use Culling.png and Culling-atlas.json.

Unfortunately, an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” error doesn’t really tell us much. Once we figure out the issue we should probably implement some better error handing so the message is clearer.

Actually, I’ve raised it as github issue #321 let’s keep track of it there please.

{
“imagePath”: “texture.png”,
“SubTexture”: [{
“frameHeight”: 128,
“y”: 1,
“frameX”: -30,
“width”: 60,
“frameY”: -14,
“height”: 114,
“name”: “tree1”,
“frameWidth”: 128,
“x”: 1
}],
“name”: “NewProject”
}

Now I simplify it
Only two files.
texture.png which is the texture fine.
texture.json content as above, it shall be the atlas.

Thanks a lot.
Lei