Sound effects from XNA don't sound the same on WP8

I am using the XNA content pipeline to generate contents for the WP8 port of my game project. Everything was working properly, except that the sound effects feel degraded. Some subtle details in a few sound effects were kept in the WP7 version of the game, but now are now lost in the WP8 version. Is there a way to fix this minor issue?

Also I wonder if the MonoGame Pipeline support WP8? Can’t seem to find that in the build configuration…

IIRC there is a quality setting on the content pipeline?

Yes, it does. The platform name is WindowsPhone8.

I was using the XNA content pipeline and the quality setting is in “best quality”

Weird… The list below is all the build settings I got:

Android
Debug
iOS
Linux
OSX
PSM
Release
Windows
Windows 8

No WP8… Also I’m using Visual Studio 2010 to run the MG Pipeline. VS2012 is not working with it properly because some XNA error

That will be using the XNA Content Pipeline Extensions. That will be removed very soon as we have the MonoGame Content Pipeline implemented to a point where it can be used for most of your content processing needs, and it supports all of the platforms.

I see… For now I wonder if there is a way to update my game’s MG Pipeline project with the latest changes? I can’t seem to find the WP8 build configuration…

That will be using the XNA Content Pipeline Extensions. That will be removed very soon as we have the MonoGame Content Pipeline1 implemented to a point where it can be used for most of your content processing needs, and it supports all of the platforms.

@KonajuGames

When you say removed does this mean we will no longer be able to use XNB files compiled with XNA? Is the XNB format for monogame different than the XNB format for XNA thus making them incompatible?