Trouble with Random Crashes of XAudio2_7.dll

Hi Monogame Community,

I have recently been having trouble with a game I am developing where the game freezes and crashes with the error pointing to XAudio2_7.dll. With other issues I can see where the problem is in code, however with this I just get a crash completely. Event Viewer also shows XAudio2_7.dll as the faulting module.

The crashes occur mid way through gameplay at random intervals, usually I believe when there are a high amount of SoundEffectInstances playing.
I have recieved similar issues during a screen transition where I wasn’t disposing of SoundEffect and SoundEffectInstances properly, which was resolved by disposing correctly, however with this I am not sure what could be the cause.

Has anyone faced similar issues? My main question though is would there be a way I could properly debug this crash, or are there alternative Sound Effect handling libraries I could use without changing too much?

From what I have read I have seen other people have found it is a common bug with the module as it stops referencing it before completely disposing causing an access violation, but I was unable to find a solution online.

Any help is greatly appreciated.