Using Content Pipeline in Class Library

Hi all:

I have a .DLL / Class Library I’ve written that contains a lot of common code I use in different games. The problem is, I want to provide some stock content such as logos, basic sprite effects, etc as part of the .DLL and I can not figure out how to create a content pipeline in the class library project. I seem to remember a tutorial / thread about this very problem, but my google-fu is weak and I can’t find it. Can someone kindly point me in the right direction?

You can embed .xnb’s as a resource, then load them using a ResourceContentManager. Make sure to not put too much data in resources, because it’s all loaded into memory with the dll. Check out this link for more detailed information (for XNA, but works in MG): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff604975.aspx#ID4E5D

Thank you, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Disappointing to hear that I can’t have a .DLL compile its own content / add a content project, but what I want to embed is small, so being memory-resident isn’t a huge deal to me. Thanks again!

1 Like