Visual Studio: Community or Code?

Time to upgrade from crusty old Visual Studio 2017 to the next new hotness. Anybody using Visual Studio 2019 yet or Visual Studio Code with MonoGame?

I honestly see no reason for upgrading - never change a running system (until there is good reason for it) [I still have a VS2010 installation for maintaining other software]

But if anyone did - I would be interested if all the known plugins (xamarin etc) are still working with the new VS. Pair with Mac etc

Yeah I needed to upgrade because the latest update for Visual Studio for Mac wouldn’t connect with VS 2017 for Windows. I forgot what a hassle it is to install visual studio on a VM though, like trying to get a toddler to eat their vegetables :stuck_out_tongue: Half the components for 2019 failed to install, but it upgraded Xamarin, so VS 2017 and VS Mac are talking again ¯_(ツ)_/¯

yea, I’ve gone tru that as well - updating everything on both ends (win/mac) usually fixes weird things. after some years of non-usage, my mac-mini buildslave needed 2 days to update everything …