Vorn's Adventure - a 3D platform game is out on Android!

Hello, I just wanted to drop a message that I released my first game on Android! It’s called Vorn’s Adventure, it’s a 3D platform game in style of classics such as Crash Bandicoot, Spyro or Ratchet. Obviously, the game runs on the excellent Monogame framework, so I thought you might be interested :slight_smile:

You can find the game here : Google Play

I’ll post updates on FB, so I’d be glad if you can give a like there :slight_smile:

Trailer:

The game features:

• achievements
  • translations: English, French, Polish
  • 7 levels (+1 hidden!), old school boss fight at the end and some cutscenes
  • 5 different quality levels to support a variety of devices
  • no ads or anything: it’s free!
  • and probably some bugs too :grin:

Last but not least, a huge thank you to everyone behind Monogame. I started playing with XNA ten years ago, I love that this platform is still alive in this shape. Monogame is a fantastic framework and I had total fun using it !

Let me know what you think ! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Downloaded and played it… Nice intro! I like the control, with some collision bugs here and there, it’s nice to see MG 3D game on Android ^_^Y

1 Like

Thanks @DexterZ, nice to hear that you like it :slight_smile: On what device are you playing it?

I forgot to add a few screens here:

1 Like

Thanks @DexterZ, nice to hear that you like it On what device are you playing it?

I’ve tested it on Sony Experia XA Ultra bru ^_^Y I like your skeletal animation man! is that the MS3D of Psionic Dwarf?

Yes, that’s this model. :slight_smile: I ported some old code supporting MS3D models to work on Xamarin. It’s slow as hell because apart from rendering it’s all done on CPU, but with small trickery it works well enough for mobile. :sweat_smile:

I ported some old code supporting MS3D models to work on Xamarin.

That’s cool I thought I’m the only one who is using MS3D animated model, I also wrote my own loader and parser for MilkShape.

My main target platform is also mobile, I’m not so much on the new tech like deferred rendering etc, that can be added later on, but releasing a game is another thing – so hats off to you for lunching your 3D game on mobile using MG ^_^Y

Hello, a new patch was released for the game which improves the performance quite a bit in places with reflective surfaces. I also improved resolution of some textures - in some cases I used AI upscaling algorithms and I must say the results are better than I expected. If you did not try it last time, I’ll be pleased if you’ll give it a shot this time :slight_smile: