Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls

Wow thats what I call a patch :slight_smile:

Some small improvements for abandoned stations.

1 Like

Aaaaand it’s here! 0.6.0.0 out:

Our largest update so far, campaign experience greatly expanded along with large number of QoL, modules, characters, improved interior rendering and fixes.

1 Like

Working on mod tool, actually we are developing two mod tools at the moment, this one is mine:

Overview

Generating normal from height

2 Likes

This doesn’t include all existing ship assets and definitely not all ships that will be there at release, still it is kinda nice chunk of ships.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/831325840278751208/133CD18422F91BB495D5AE67548F91D16A0EF93C/

So far so good.

4 Likes

That’s the effect i’m working on, trying to achieve this with 3d particles in realtime. :slight_smile:
Nice one, it will add a lot to the atmosphere in your game

4 Likes

Wow! Lookin’ real pretty :slight_smile:

Doing some experiments atm, I am not very satisfied with this result but it is good starting point.

3 Likes

Progress:
Flow field

Flow field - multiple elements - rotation

Flow field - multiple elements - rotation - flow field correction

Will continue tomorrow

1 Like

First stage of implementation into game.

1 Like

Example of what not to do:

This is HSV lerp between two sectors, obvious issues as introducing new hues into transition and perceptual luminosity spike.

RGB lerp would cause perceptual luminosity dip.

Obvious solution is better color space for transition, I´ve decided for XYZ but you can use and derived more modern system, Lab seems fine for instance.

Inb4 “you are terrible technically artist if you found out after implementation”: Nope, I knew exactly how HSV lerp will look like but my input from my modTool is HSV and code was already here so I though it will be nice example from real application as on net you can mostly just finds comparison through color gradients, here you can see how picking wrong color space can be annoying in real game.

I have everything I need for XYZ altho it seems like I broke my conversion slightly yesterday before I went to sleep internal screaming. I will throw XYZ and maybe RGB transitions here as well later, but now I have to take care of some irl issues.

Edit: and XYZ color space transition

2 Likes

Alright, this works, transitions between biomes are glorious. I am taking weekend off. I will start next week with code clean up, parameter caching and all that good stuff. Then probably quick implementation of unique elements like vortexes few posts above. After which I plan to do GUI clean up pass, I dont like color of some elements, I hope it wont derail to massive GUI rework. I definitely plan to use great spritefont compiler since we are using XNA compiled crapfonts so far.

1 Like

Reworking targeting brackets a bit:

3 Likes

2 Likes

6.3.0.00 is out!

2 Likes

Prototyping some goodies

2 Likes

http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/chartfinal.png

Updated ship chart

1 Like

Either I’ve watched too much sci-fi or you’ve done your work well when I watch your GIFs and my brain fills in the sound effects.

3 Likes